Tuesday, April 14, 2009

SKETCHBOOK MEMOIRS




As I browse through my sketchbooks I've saved over the years, they bring back fond memories much like a photo album does.  The book these 3 are from depicts 3 separate art events or should I call them "happenings" from approximately 40 yrs ago. 
One I sketched at our "Spring Exhibit & Sale" the club I was part of: Macomb Art Society,  in Macomb Mall, Michigan. You can see the "S" of the Sears anchor store in the rear. 
Another sketch from same book features some fellow artists I "caught" while in the outdoor life class at Oxbow which is in Saugatuck, Michigan. I knew most of their names, and tagged them at the time.
This third one selected was labeled "Gallery Night" in the Grosse Pointe Woods [Michigan, of course] area.  On Monday nights I belonged to a group of artists who met in a room above a music store in an area known as "The Block".  The lady with red hair, Nancy Profit was an excellent painter and art teacher, a good lady and mother of 8.

1 comment:

  1. These are excellent sketches Karen. You should do more. They have a very modernist feel to them.

    ReplyDelete