Saturday, June 13, 2009


 One of my very first paintings I gave to my sister(back in late 60's). Some years after on one of my visits,  I noticed it needed some work. Her  husband's heavy smoking gave the whole thing a yellowed pall, and something had dripped on it.   I took it home to give it a makeover.

After sealing with spray fixative, I went over the whole thing with fresh [Oil] paint; striving for better colors & composition.

I narrowed the river, rearranged pines, added a tree which looks dead, but I like the pattern of its naked branches.  The red-earth foreground with abrupt cliffs did not belong in this misty-moist scenario.  So they got covered over with grass & wildflowers.   

After complete drying time a thin coat of damar varnish to protect its colors & give a slight sheen. 

Even the frame got a fresh stain & varnish.