Tuesday, December 21, 2010

PHANTOM WIZARD turns SHEPHERD

I SPOTTED HIM IN A SPLIT MOMENT, my model, entering a neighboring booth at the MI Renaissance Festival.  Our booth was then the highly popular Lizardz, Wizardz & Ringz.
Of course, the "wizard" had no idea he was to be my model.  This old gent was in costume, but one could tell the hair & the beard was genuine. He was just one in a crowd of festival goers who like to dress up like in medieval times while browsing the booths and sideshows of the Faire in Holly, MI.
I grabbed my digital camera, snap, snap; then he was gone, lost from view.  A few months later I used his image to compose the shepherd scene that became my Christmas Card for that year. 
The laptop and camera are also gone now along with the image. (everything on it crashed)
But the 24 x 30 Oil Painting remains in my inventory, and sometimes..
...I wonder as I wander, how that old guy is "fairing".
He Saw a Great Light

No comments:

Post a Comment